Sunday, March 7, 2010

Time to Say Goodbye: Lee Stempniak


You may know Lee Stempniak from his mildly popular advice show here on WWoLD. I'll be honest: I started Ask Lee Stempniak to get rid of him. It seemed like every time I give a Leafs player a show, he gets traded. It happened to Carlo Colaiacovo, Nik Antropov (and now Alexei Poinkarovsky), and even Darcy Tucker (despite his show lasting ONE ENTIRE EPISODE.) Someone brought this up and I decided to try giving someone a show to delibratly trade him. That choice was Lee Stempniak, who I didn't really like at the time.


Ask Lee Stempniak is the longest-running Leafs show that I have done so far, and it has been tons of fun to write, but something else happened. I started to dislike Lee less and less to where I considered him one of the higher-ranking men in my stable of imaginry hockey boyfriends. What a sneaky, sneaky bastard to ninja his way into my heart like that.


Great moments in WWoLD history:
Well, he did have that show. Also...got shot in the face for his WWoLD debut...starred in one of the most heartbreaking, melodramatic slashfics ever written... helped Vesa Toskala when he was trapped in a closet...made us all love Buttons...cameoed in the longest period of time Mike Van Ryn has ever gone without an injury..."I got Frenched by a depressed and drunken Toskala. I’m still not sure how to feel about it."...settled a music dispute.


What I Learned from Lee Stempniak:
 Obviously, I can't have imaginary Leafs boyfriends, ESPECIALLY if they have a show here. I guess there's only one thing to do...


RICKARD WALLIN, WOULD YOU BE MY DANDY HIGHWAYMAN?

Also, keep an eye out for my new feature "Czech out Cooking with Kaberle."

3 Comments:

CGLN said...

Bye Lee. I won't lie I'm all that touched over your departure, but you did have a cool show with Buttons and Death Pockets. All the best in the future.

Loser Domi said...

CGLN: I will miss his awesome show. I will miss it a LOT.

CGLN said...

You probably will. And this is a time when Luke Schenn is beginning to be a veteran in the current Leafs roster. But you're pretty creative; you'll manage.

You could at least have a new horror show, since Dion has a striking resemblance to the Frankenstein Monster. And those pajama partiy sleepovers with Wilson and Burke.

But I do hope Kabs will turn out to be a career-long Leaf.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online