Thursday, January 10, 2008

Contest time!

Howdy ho, Domiteers! I am pleased to announce the first ever Wonder World of Loser Domi Contest!

I'll level with you: the contest isn't really for you, it's more for me. I'm in a sociology class where we have to do lots of group work and the prof wants each group to have a name. The contest is...provide a name for the group. The only name I've been able to think up so far is Team Ramrod, and I'm not sure that'll fly. Things to keep in mind when thinking of names:

1. It's me and two other women.
2. I do not know these two women at all, but I don't think they are anything like me.
3. The name of the course is Data Collection/Analysis. Here is the description of the course, stolen from my university's web page:

"Emphasis will be placed on the construction of different methodological frameworks (survey, experiment, fieldwork, unobtrusive measures) as well as the preparation of adequate methods and techniques for data gathering and analysis(sampling, design, coding, questionnaires, interviews)."

I can't really promise you anything as a reward except for bragging rights or possibly a whole post dedicated to how awesome you are. You have until Noon on Monday. I'm not really picky--I just need some ideas so throw 'em out there. You can either leave them in the comments or email me at loserdomi@gmail.com Thanks!

7 Comments:

Jaredoflondon said...

I can just see that argument in class
"I don't think that name would be appropriate"

"SAY TEAM RAMROD!"

I don't think I can be much help, every sociology teacher I ever had hated me and my inability to take anything serious (I mean, who the hell takes sociology seriously).
Also I used Team America World Police as a essay reference....yeah, didn't go over too well.

Loser Domi said...

It's not that it's an inappropriate name, I just don't think the other women will get it.

about using "Team America" as a reference...do you remember what the essay was on? That's why I chose to go the soc route--if you can argue it, almost anything is possible. I seriously once used Slapshot 2 as a reference since they mention changing the name of the Cheifs to not offend Native Americans. Needless to say, I don't think that went over well, either.

Young HF29 said...

The Wonderful World of Data

Data's Ladies of Greatness

Analyze This

Women are Statistically Superior

Survey says...

Anonymous said...

So it's a whole experiment on different polling methods?

That's a treasure trove of jokes.

Poll position, poll dancers...

...heh...poll....

Wait, I'm sorry. What were we talking about again?

Jaredoflondon said...

It was a few years ago, but I'm pretty sure it involved changing the world through cultural exchange. And America exchanged hate or something. I do, however, remember quoting Sean Pean on his "Corperates, are all Corperationy, in their Corperation buildings" rant.

Young HF29 said...

hey hey reasonable doubt if MYFO starts honing in on FHF stripper territory we may have a legal battle on our hands

but i wish i had thought of poll dancers. damn you!

Loser Domi said...

I don't think that "poll dancers" would be appropriate, but dangit, that's awesome. Thanks for dropping by, reasonable doubt.

@habsfan29: thanks for stopping in. I won't be enroaching on your stripper territory, but I cannot speak for MYFO. Good suggestions!

@everyone: keep 'em coming!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online