Thursday, April 2, 2009

Friday Youtube Yoinkage, April 3, 3009




This week's theme is reasons why Ukrainians rock.

Clip one: What inspired this theme was the following clip of Los Colorados (A Ukrainian band with a Spanish name that sing English songs) performing their version of "Hot and Cold." Katy Perry, consider yourself pwned:


clip two: I tried finding a good Alexei Ponikarovsky tribute, but they were all weaksauce--still photos over some lame techno or weak "rock" song. Instead, I give you this video of Poni retying his skates at a Sabres game:


Clip three (may be NSFW): Some town in Ukraine sells vodka in penis shaped bottles. I kinda want one, but I don't know how I'd declare it at customs

4 Comments:

Irene Tanga said...

The 'Los Colorados' just made my day.
And the vodka..I'm not going to go there

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of Los Colorados before.


Hey there was also a Uk band of Ukie descent called the Ukrainians that Smiths songs in Ukrainian. Pretty fucking awesome. It's perestroika balalaika meets northern england emotional angst.

Here's a you tube link to 'Batyar' (Big mouth Strikes again):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L_X8NC8AvA

Anonymous said...

Actually correction, not exactly sure if the Ukrainians were a strictly Smiths cover band. Still, 'Bigmouth' in Ukrainian is pretty awesome.

Loser Domi said...

Irene: Los Colorados is great, even if I only know that one song.

anon: welcome! the link you sent is pretty nifty.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online