Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bobbleheads are fun




first off, I want to thank EVERYBODY who came over from Deadspin today. That made my year (so far.) I'd like to enlist that enormous volume of people, if possible, to solve a small dilemma I am having.

You see, a few days ago, my roommate and I took a shopping trip and we ended up in a store that sold, among other things, hockey bobble heads. I saw, well, this guy and commenced giggling. The stubble, the look of "I just came off a weekend bender. Have you seen my pants?"--I chortled. I looked it up online and found that for a similar price, I could own John LeClair , also in bobblehead form.

My dilemma is that I don't know which one I should go for first. Granted, the only reason I wanted one was so before I do something stupid, I could ask the opinion of an ex-NHL superstar.

advantages of Lindros:
--is funny on many levels (the look, the fact that it's Eric LINDROS, who probably gets coloring books on his birthday)
--is repping Canada, whoohoo!
--is deeply discounted compared to most other bobbleheads on the sit

advantages of LeClair:
--is a fellow Vermonta (we do what we wanta)
--is initially cheaper than the Lindros
--has the "crazy eye"

so, Domiteers, any opinions?

4 Comments:

Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf) said...

congrats on the deadspin-age!

i think you gotta go with the big E...only because he looks like he needs another drink...

dani said...

Lindros. He's a hot bobble.

Jaredoflondon said...

Lindros, because he probably has the same one at home he pokes and giggles at.

Loser Domi said...

well, apparently the John LeClair one is out of stock, so that sorts of narrows down my choice for me.

@navin, @dani: I'd totally be drinking buddies with the Lindros bobblehead
@jared: not at all--he does that whenever his wife buys aluminum foil ("Wow honey, there's a guy who has exactly the same shirts as I do, and he's standing in our kitchen!")

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online