Saturday, March 22, 2008

Response to Leafs Fan reaction 75 (Ish)



I was intending to put this post as a response to the following video, but all my thoughts ended up exceeding YouTube's 500 character limit. Here's the video in question:



First off, even IF (HUGE if here) the Leafs make the playoffs, they'll just get curbstomped by the team they're playing (probably Montreal or Pittsburgh). Even though making the playoffs would be nice, we'd pretty much just be issuing an easy second round entry for that team. So it's like we still lose if we make the playoffs or no.

Second, about Ovechkin and the MVP, I say give it to him simply because of COURSE people will like Malkin better since he's on the Pengiuns. He has an incredible support backing him up—Crosby (duh) Staal, etc. To back him up, Alex Ovechkin has...Backstrom and...uh...*crickets chirp*

I hope that even if the Leafs miss the playoffs again at least the Caps will. I know, I know, for that some people will call me a traitor, but hear me out on this. I'd much rather see the Caps instead of the Panthers simply because as a jokester/philosopher poet” ( last paragraph), I see a lot more joke opportunities for jokes when talking about the caps instead of the Panthers. All I can think about for the Panthers is something along the lines of “Panthers have the cutting edge” (I'm so going to Hell for that but at least my friends will all be there.) Come on—Caps have opportunities for Segway jokes, Russian internet brides,OVIE TIME!!! In short, much better posts will result.

9 Comments:

Dayna said...

I think part of the Malkin for MVP thing is the fact that he didn't have Crosby backing him up. It isn't like he came out of the woodwork though, he's a star player as well, so it's not like he's Ty Conklin pt 2 or anything.

Obv. I'm still rooting for him, it's a Pens fan must, though I wouldn't be unhappy with Ovie. 60 goals! Maybe even 70 if he has some big games.

Jaredoflondon said...

secret decoder ring says 'Drink more Ovie'teen'

Loser Domi said...

@dayna: I understand, you bring up a good point. I think either would be great as long as there is some crazy great, awesome Malkin audio diary that results.MYFO will have an awesome OVIE TIME post, so I think we're all good.

@jared: HA! Heather of wraparoundcurl and I were chatting one night and we came up with "More, OVIE TIME please" as a great t-shirt. So, great minds with the thinking alike, then?

Jaredoflondon said...

great minds or greatest minds?

Dayna said...

What's this about Ovie being the spokesperson for a hair salon? His marketability just expanded by 10pts.

Next he'll be on Ovaltine and Malkin will be on jam jars and the Staal brothers will be selling fresh orange juice or something. Gary Bettman will be so pleased.

Unknown said...

I keep trying to make OVIE TIME happen like Gretchen tried to make fetch happen.

East of Here said...

You gotta love the Ovenchicken...

Kirsten said...

Ugh, there is a kid at school who is annoying me to death about the Penguins. I'd never hear the end of it if Malkin got the MVP I'd be pissed beyond belief.

You mean Backstrom, the kid that shot the puck into his own net? Some supporting cast he's got going on there.

Kirsten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online