Saturday, November 17, 2007

In Which I Actually Remember Something

When I was in high school, I got the chance to participate in a program called Math Science Upward Bound during the summer. In a nutshell, it was supposed to provide kids like me (supposedly smart with 6 weeks to kick around the Vermont Technical College campus during the summer) with the opportunity to get a "head start" on what it would be like in college. We chose different classes we wanted to be in. One of the ones I was in was a biotechnology-type course.

Why do I mention this? I may have a crappy memory, but I remember one activity we did where we extracted DNA from some sort of plant matter (leaves, melon slices swiped from the cafeteria, stuff like that) though some process (I remember blenders were involved, but the rest of the process is kind of fuzzy.) Anyway, what I do remember is that it had to sit in something for several hours in order to extract the DNA from it.

It is with this inspiration that I present "CSI: Real Life" Enjoy! (I gotta get a thesaurus or something.)


3 Comments:

Greener said...

So, wait. Are you the redhead?

Loser Domi said...

Nope, that's just a generic character. It kinda looks like me,now that you mention it, but not that much (and by "not much" I mean "not really at all.") I too would suggest adding a slammin' techno soundtrack if I thought it would speed things up.

Greener said...

Well, Kim, you're just like that, though. Hold on. Your name is Kim, right?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online