Friday, October 19, 2007

Gary "Betty" Bettman in a Cast


Sweet Jesus, I wish I had a picture of this. According to AP, stolen via Yahoo! sports (slightly modified by me for space issues):

"NHL commissioner Gary Bettman recovering from tendon surgery on left arm

October 18, 2007


BOSTON (AP) -- Talk about a tough league. NHL commissioner Gary Bettman showed up at Thursday night's game between the Boston Bruins and Tampa Bay Lightning with a cast on his left arm. Asked whether he had dropped the gloves against one of the league's enforcers, Bettman said he actually had tendon surgery on Monday. He then joked, "It's a result of reporters asking (stupid) questions." (...)





John M. Heller/Getty Images, stolen from melroseocks.blogspot.com

He went on to say that he "gave good grades" to the season so far, especially the London games between Anaheim and LA. Now, you can say what you want to say about Bettman's opinion of the London game (personally, I think it was nuts, but hey, what do I know?) The thing that stood out to me was the stupid reporters comment. I have no idea what he meant--what in the FUCK could he possibly be doing to reporters that would require him to get tendon surgery? Even though I don't know Bettman, he doesn't seem like the "Bitch, respect my authouritah!" type. He doesn't even look like Cartman (stolen without permission from here: http://www.oneposter.com/Product-recordCount-3-CID-678-PID-Null-stockid-26263.html):

Gary--can I call you Gary?--you gotta clam down, light some candles or something. Reporters will always ask stupid questions. Guess I better get my bitch-ass in the kitchen and make him some pie. I wouldn't want Gary Bettman givin' me the ol' "five across the eyes". Actually, pie sounds pretty great right about now, but, alas, I haven't the time to make one.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online