Thursday, February 4, 2010

Time To say Goodbye: Matt Stajan


That is still the best damn screencap ever. A year or so ago, I would have taken Stajan's departure much harder. Of course, when a player is featured so much that his tag is the second most often used tag, it means something. I think that we just fell apart, much like how Matt's (late) crown of curls fell out of his head. Despite never really stepping up his game, I think part of me will always have a soft soft for his glorious fuck-me eyes. I wish you the best of luck, Matty. May the soccer balls never hit your face, and may the socks remain soft and kickable.


Great moments in WWoLD History
Matt was a great supporting player here, and as I mentioned, was second only to the youtube tag in popularity. Here's some of his best moments: Taught us all about the dangers of Shirley Temples...had a nice talk to the haters out there...was almost too hot for Ask Lee Stempniak...helped Mikhail Grabovski learn English...was there when Mike Van Ryn needed him most...stuck around even when I tried dumping him before...got his ass tazered at the Year End Leafer Awards...showed us his secret livejournal...taught us all about Earth Hour...showed us why it's called "dope"...reacted poorly to "It's a Wendelful Life"...Did NOT get his blood punched out...threw up on my shoes (in a fictional universe)...tried to find a new BFF after Colaiacovo, Steen, and Wellwood all left him...survived the Amazon with Carlo and Eric Lindros...had a big favor asked of him...had a bad time at Bryan McCabe's Backyard Barbeque...did poorly in Leafer Madness

What I learned from Matt Stajan
There is more to life than being ridiculously good looking. Always work hard, because you never know who is looking over your shoulder. Balls to the face are dangerous.

ah hell, one last time, the eyes:


3 Comments:

CGLN said...

I'm sad for you and Matt, LD. I know you had something larger than life going on.

But I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I salute you, Matt. You were tough only when compared to the average marshmallow. You were big, compared to Theo Fleury. You were bad, compared to Craig Janney. But you weren't ever afraid. I salute you, you were a trooper.

Bye Matt, if I come to visit Canada some day, the drinks are on me.

CGLN said...

And yeah, the eyes are intense. If I didn't know who it was, I'd be intimidated.

Probably still should be, since he made the NHL and I did not.

Loser Domi said...

CGLN: Yes, he was a trooper. Not always the best, but he always showed up. I would probably buy him a beer as well.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online