Sunday, March 7, 2010

Time to Say Goodbye: Lee Stempniak

You may know Lee Stempniak from his mildly popular advice show here on WWoLD. I'll be honest: I started Ask Lee Stempniak to get rid of him. It seemed like every time I give a Leafs player a show, he gets traded. It happened to Carlo Colaiacovo, Nik Antropov (and now Alexei Poinkarovsky), and even Darcy Tucker (despite his show lasting ONE ENTIRE EPISODE.) Someone brought this up and I decided to try giving someone a show to delibratly trade him. That choice was Lee Stempniak, who I didn't really like at the time.

Ask Lee Stempniak is the longest-running Leafs show that I have done so far, and it has been tons of fun to write, but something else happened. I started to dislike Lee less and less to where I considered him one of the higher-ranking men in my stable of imaginry hockey boyfriends. What a sneaky, sneaky bastard to ninja his way into my heart like that.

Great moments in WWoLD history:
Well, he did have that show. shot in the face for his WWoLD debut...starred in one of the most heartbreaking, melodramatic slashfics ever written... helped Vesa Toskala when he was trapped in a closet...made us all love Buttons...cameoed in the longest period of time Mike Van Ryn has ever gone without an injury..."I got Frenched by a depressed and drunken Toskala. I’m still not sure how to feel about it."...settled a music dispute.

What I Learned from Lee Stempniak:
 Obviously, I can't have imaginary Leafs boyfriends, ESPECIALLY if they have a show here. I guess there's only one thing to do...


Also, keep an eye out for my new feature "Czech out Cooking with Kaberle."


CGLN said...

Bye Lee. I won't lie I'm all that touched over your departure, but you did have a cool show with Buttons and Death Pockets. All the best in the future.

Loser Domi said...

CGLN: I will miss his awesome show. I will miss it a LOT.

CGLN said...

You probably will. And this is a time when Luke Schenn is beginning to be a veteran in the current Leafs roster. But you're pretty creative; you'll manage.

You could at least have a new horror show, since Dion has a striking resemblance to the Frankenstein Monster. And those pajama partiy sleepovers with Wilson and Burke.

But I do hope Kabs will turn out to be a career-long Leaf.


blogger templates | Make Money Online