Saturday, January 12, 2008

Secret project REVEALED!

Secret project REVEALED!

I know that I mentioned something about a “Secret project" that I would be working on over the holiday break. Here it is: “Battle Royale” with the cast of Japanese students replaced with the Toronto Male Leafs! Here are a few disclaimers that I feel like I should get out of the way first:

1: This is totally fiction…at least I hope Gary Bettman doesn’t resort to this.
2: I had the players swear a bit more than I usually do. My theory was, they would be so busy killing each other that clean language would be the last thing on their minds.
3: I don’t know any of the people used personally—some of the personalities of the players I’ve gleaned from various interviews, but much of it comes straight from my imagination.
4: I also have nothing to do with the makers of “Battle Royale”
5: I am not doing this to harm, insult, etc. anyone—as I said in number 1, this is just an exercise in fiction. It’s more of an idea of “Hey, I wonder what would happen if…” than anything else.
6: Nobody gave me permission to do this. Then again, I never asked for permission in the first place.
7: Feel free to play Lazydork’s “Battle Royale” drinking game while reading this, if you are so inclined. If you’re going to do so:
a. Any harm you bring about yourself is your own damn fault
b. Ignore rules 4, 5, 6, and 7. Add in “take a drink every time a character makes a reference to another work (TV show, Movie, song, etc.)” I’ll start you off with two such examples:
1: The whole thing is a rip on “Battle Royale”
2: The Title is a rip on the film “Reefer Madness”

8: Most importantly of all, I want you guys to have fun reading it. It was fun writing it, even if it was hard to do. (And I still need to finish it off.) I'm probably going to use this to replace the Wednesday Snarky joke. As always, thanks for dropping by!

2 Comments:

Greener said...

Sounds great. So where is it?

Loser Domi said...

DO you mean "where does it take place?" or "where is the project itself?"

Where it takes place: imaginary, deserted,tropical-ish island, doesn't matter

Where the project itself is: on my computer; it'll be issued in a serial format. It should take several weeks if I do one "chapter" a week. Hope that helps

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online