Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday Youtube Yoinkage, April 11, 2008




This week's FYY theme is the man who inspired this blog, Mr.Tie Domi. But first, a bit of explanation/origin story. For years, Tie Domi was one of about five hockey players my (now ex-) boyfriend knew about. That's 5 TOTAL--not 5 Leafs guys, not 5 (then active) players. Five in total (he's not really much of a hockey guy.) As a result Tie Domi become something of an inside joke between us. About a year and a half ago,he sent me a link to a Deadspin story that was a preview of a Jets-Patriots game. The line he selected was something along the lines of, "But the head coahes really hate each other. Personally, I'd love to see Magini pull down Bilichek's sweatshirt and beat his ass like Tie Domi." This line got me reading Deadspin, and eventually into sports blogging in general. Then, when I decide to join the ranks of idiots hammering knuckles on keyboards (my parents don't even have a basement that I can use a computer in, sorry) I figured that since there was already a "Tie" Domi, "Loser" would be the next logical step off that. So let's pay tribute to the inspiration of this here blog.

Clip one:I have no idea when or where this footage was taken, but Tie dancing with Martin Brodeur is too great to pass up:


clip two: Tie probably thinks that Cuba Gooding, Jr. needs to either switch to decaf or lay off the meth/crack after this. But it's still a good cause:


clip three: Tie Domi in a shootout (or someth) I just love the smirk on his face when he comes out:

9 Comments:

Jaredoflondon said...

wow, I can't believe I never pieced together that 'Tie' 'Loser' Domi connection.
Like I need another reason to feel clueless
So if the Leafs win the cup are you going to change your screen name to Winner Domi?

Loser Domi said...

When I told the ex about the blog he said, "you should have gone with "hoser domi",so I explained it to him. In the event of the Leafs winning the Cup, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Greener said...

Domi, I feel now we all know you just *that* much more.

Loser Domi said...

And knowing is half the battle!

Jaredoflondon said...

The other half is drinking games!

Dayna said...

This is very late, but I listened to the Evgeni Malkin Audio diaries, from the link you left me like 10 years ago. Thanks! They were hilarious, I may like Evgeni Malkin even more now, even though he had nothing to do with them. You know, love by association.

Loser Domi said...

@second Jared: yes, yes they are

@monitor de LCD:Your blog looks nice, but I think you may need a new typist--I can't read a word of it!

@dayna: They are great, I wonder if they put out new ones since then...

Scotty Hockey said...

LD - I am pretty sure the dancing clip came during this.

Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf) said...

now i know the story of "loser domi" as well...thank you!

and i can't beleaf he scored in that shootout. what a guy, that tie.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online