Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Glossary of terms: Smeg



Smeg:
(n, adj, adv, v) Stolen from the television series Red Dwarf. Like the word “fuck”, it has extrodinary versatility, but unlike the word “fuck”, it is not considered offensive. “Smeg” can be used as almost any part of speech and almost every word in a sentence, as in “What the smegging smeg are those smeggers doing?” It has a usually negative connotation.
Other forms: Smeghead (n, non offensive of “shithead”), smegging (v, adv, adj), smegger (n)

Picture stolen from: http://scrwalkforum.proboards60.com/index.cgi?board=oldguestbook&action=post&thread=1186752456&page=1

5 Comments:

Greener said...

When I first moved to L.A. I was living in a hotel. One day I was in the pool and could overhear a poolside table conversation. One of the voices was incredibly familiar, but his face wasn't. It finally hit me that it was Robert Llewellyn who played Kryten.
I spoke with him and I told him how much I loved the show. I then told him I'd read his book...in an afternoon sitting in a Barnes and Noble. He wasn't that pleased about that.

Loser Domi said...

He has a book? Consider me tongue-tongue (tied tied)! Still Cool, though.

Bjarke Brunsgaard said...

I love Red Dwarf :-)

Jaredoflondon said...

my inner Geek is shamed by a total lack of Red Dwarf knowledge.

Scotty Hockey said...

I prefer frak from Battlestar Galactica. It gets the point across clearer than smeg ...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online