Sunday, July 13, 2008

Music Men at ACC

It’s odd—for some reason my computer doesn’t seem to like me commenting on certain people’s blogs. As a result, I can’t really respond to those people.


This post is my response to MF37’s post over at Bitter Leaf Fan about music choices at the ACC. Granted, I’ve never been there, but MF37 mentioned the possibility of players picking songs for whenever they score. Here are my guesses as to what they would pick:


Nik Antropov: Nik would support fellow Kazakh Corky Buchek with his song “Bing Bang”. I’m pretty sure the only way to get that song out your head is a full frontal lobotomy.


Matt Stajan: Probably “P.I.M.P” by 50 Cent (except replace “mother-fuckin” with “sock-kicking”). After all, nothing says “hard core gansta” quite like a blond hockey player from Mississauga, Ontario. The only problem is that if his girlfriend ever gets mad at him, she’ll probably sneak in and change it to “Naughty Girl” by Beyoncé.


Alex Steen: “Nerve Gonna Give You Up”, Rick Astley—“Cause, dude, it’d be, like, Rickrolling, like 20,000 people at the same time! Dude, it’d be epic!”


Jason Blake: “I Wanna be Sedated”, The Ramones—see title.


Carlo Colaiacovo: “Heart of Glass”, Blondie—give me a break, guys, I had to have at least one really cheap joke in here.


Tomas Kaberle: Kabs is a hard read for this kind of stuff. The more imaginative side of me theorizes that his fear of shooting comes from his childhood when he maimed and/or killed someone with his powerful shot (that’s why he works so hard on accuracy.) Therefore, my pick for Tomas is “Safety Dance” by Men Without Hats.


That’s what I got. If you have any suggestions, go onto the comments!

12 Comments:

Down Goes Brown said...

Bryan McCabe - Don Henley's "I will not go quiety"

Mats Sundin - Guns N' Roses "14 Years".

Jennifer Hammer said...

"his fear of shooting comes from his childhood when he maimed and/or killed someone with his powerful shot (that’s why he works so hard on accuracy.) Therefore, my pick for Tomas is “Safety Dance” by Men Without Hats."

Beautiful. I love it. I love Tomas.

Jaredoflondon said...

I think Disturbed's 'denial' would work well for McCabe or Rammstiens Du Hast (translates to I hate I think).

and how funny would it be if Bell chose Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison blues?

Down Goes Brown said...

Jiri Tlusty could use Method of Mayhem's "Get Naked".

MF37 said...

You can actually have a look at what the Leafs are allegedly listening to.

I had no idea this existed.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NHLPage&bcid=fan_leafsbeats

wrap around curl said...

What, no Rock You Like a Hurricane?

I bet Stajan would also love Barbie Girl.

Loser Domi said...

@down goes brown:Damn, 14 years is perfect. I was going to have "I'm Too Sexy for my Shirt" as the cheap joke, but for some reason I went with Carlo's heart of glass

@"dave shultz":Yay! Kabbbie love!

@jaredoflondon: "I'm just visiting Springfield prison, I get to sleep at home tonight"

@mf37:I can't seem to get that to load, but why do I fear lots of Nickelback and other cheese(like the Phoenix list tat came out a bit back)?

@wraparoundcurl:Barbie Girl is when his girlfriend gets REALLLY mad at him (at least that's what he'll tell people)

MF37 said...

D'oh.

I didn't paste the full link.

It should be here: http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/team/
app/?service=page&page=NHLPage&
bcid=fan_leafsbeats

If that link doesn't work (and I'm guessing it won't) do a search for "Leafs Beats" (I kid you not) or click on "Fan Zone" then "Leaf Beats" at the Leafs web-site.

Here's the top of the list:
Mats: Beverley Hills, Weezer

Raycroft: Lonely End of the Rink, The Hip

Kabs: Smells like Teen Spirit, Nirvana

McCabe: Little Sister, Queens of the Stone Age

Stajan: Put it in Your Mouth, Akinyele

Loser Domi said...

sorry MF37, when I responded I just wasn't patient (plus my computer is a piece of junk) Kabs also listed "Welcome to the Jungle" as one of his favorite songs, which is funny since I never could have imagined him as a GnR fan. Imaginine Kabs rocking out to something like "Welcome to the Jungle" is one great image.

Miss. Scarlett said...

I'm a Mississauga native and I do in fact get mistakened for a hardcore gangsta all the bloody time.

Loser Domi said...

Sherry, are you also a blond hockey player? Then you're REALLY hardcore gangsta.

Jaredoflondon said...

I'm a blonde hockey player, but I consider myself more of an OG Killa than a hard core gangsta

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online