Sunday, February 3, 2008

Obligatory Superbowl Post

Since I feel like I should, I'm going to throw up a short bit regarding the Superbowl. Being from Vermont, I am a Patriots fan. HOWEVAH, I have a little story regarding the Giants. When I was in high school, my geometry teacher used to not assign us homework if the Giants won and in the syllabus he'd hand out at the beginning of the year, he also promised us a big party if they won the Superbowl. Unfortunately for me, that was 5 or 6 years ago. I don't remember how the season ended, but I don't remember getting many exemptions from geometry homework, either. I'm taking that as a a sign that the Giants were quite terrible that year. Part of me is kind of conflicted--Pats winning would be kind of cool, but then again I want the teacher to get a party at least once.

Whatever--I won't even be watching the game anyway. I spent most of this weekend watching anime and eating junk food with one of my best friends and have now realized that I have two proposals due early this week that I haven't even started. I'm also not as dedicated to football unless I'm home watching with my brothers.

Another point--the main bar here is advertising the normal Superbowl related items--cheap wings, big screen, Bud and the like. What's interesting is that on the posters, they also advertise "With American ads!"

So anyway, Here's Guyz Nite with "I'm Always Game for Some Football". It's a great tune, and I'd take this over Faith Hill for the opening for Sunday Night Football every time.

6 Comments:

Jaredoflondon said...

good song, but it has nothing on the Die Hard tune.

Loser Domi said...

"but it was sweet when they killed Ellis..."

Chemmy said...

I went to college in Boston, grew up in New England and now have the "good fortune" to live in NYC.

Fuck.

Loser Domi said...

@cheemy: I kinda feel like that scene in "Robin Hood: Men in Tights": where Robin loses the archery tournament and he says, "I lost? That can't be right--let me see my script *takes out script, flips though it* AHA! I get another shot!" Only I know there is no second shot.

That was a great movie, man.

Loser Domi said...

oops. sorry for spelling your name wrong, Chemmy

Jaredoflondon said...

I feel no pity for Patriots fans, how many Superbowls have they won lately?

To me its like feeling sorry for a Sens fan that they got owned in the finals, or a Redwings fan that they havnt won in a couple years.

Don't worry Chem, it'll be alot better when the Leafs draft Stamkos.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online