Thursday, December 20, 2007

Vermont Politicians are Always Game for Some Football

(I got a bright shiny +5 for anyone who knows what was the inspiration for the title)

I saw this story a few days ago. I've been busy with other stuff, so I apologize for being slow. Even though it's politics and football, it's just too funny to pass up.

Vermont Senator and Lifelong Crazy Bastard Bernie Sanders is leading the Vermont delegation (all three of them) to let Vermont be considered as "home territory" for the New England Patriots. That's because we can't watch the final game of the season unless we subscribe to the NFL network. You can read the delegation's letter to the NFL comissioner here (pdf link near the bottom of the page.)

I personally don't mind if I can't watch the Pats--I'd probably fall asleep to it anyway. But it is fun to watch if one of those huge (300, 400 pounds) guys catches the ball and goes for a touchdown, or if it snows like a banshee. It's also fun if it's Pats versus Colts--one of my brothers is a Pats fan, the other a Colts fan. Needless to say, it gets interesting.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online